Saturday 28 July 2012

Army Party

After a very long week, i finally have some time for myself again...  I'm still catching up on posts from previous parties i've done, so i'm going back a couple of weeks now to Allen's Army Party...  When i was asked to come up with ideas for an Army Party, i used a lot of the ideas from Tristan's (my sisters son) party - his birthday was in February and i made some party packs and decorations...  My sister came up with the "Rat Pack" idea for the party boxes, so we used it again for this party...  We added some "swamp water" to go with the theme...


There were 2 x "Camp Allen" banners running along the tables - we used this instead of the normal table centre piece...



I was responsible for all the paper crafts, and Olivia did the rest - she is so creative, she comes up with the most brilliant ideas - and it always looks perfect once she puts it all together...

There were army boot foot prints running from the door to the table:


There were lots of little army men everywhere - even used as cupcake toppers...  I made some rosettes with stars for decorations, sandwiches cut in the shape of stars - lots of browns, greens and camouflage - and voila, you have the most beautiful army party...








I will try and get some pictures from Tristan's party as well, to add to the Army Party post...

We have started our countdown for the big move - yes, we're moving in less than a month...  I'm super excited, but there's still loads to do and the packing - don't get me started on the packing...  We're currently living in semi organised chaos, half our life is packed in boxes already...  I must be honest, as much as I'm looking forward to the new house, i'm not looking forward to the rest of the packing and then the unpacking again...

I will keep updating on the "big move" as well...

I'm off to bed now, i need to catch up on some much needed sleep...

Liesl
xxx

1 comment: