Wednesday 27 February 2013

Valentine's Day Treat Bag

In my previous post i mentioned the two competitions that i entered, and i totally forgot to post some pictures of the other item i made...  The theme was "Love & Lace", so i decided to make a little Valentine's goodie bag - i stamped and embossed the white dots onto the little red bag, added a doily, a medallion / rosette and a little stamped banner - and voila!!!  Easy peasy...




I love the way this one turned out - i'm sure anybody would be more than happy to get such a cute little goodie bag...

Quilt update:  just in case you thought that i have abandoned my project - NO, i have not, it's just taking wayyyyyyyy longer that i thought...  All the blocks (all 300 of them) are sewn together, and i've layered the back piece, the batting and the front block piece together - i'm still busy pinning this all together to hold it in place so i can start sewing, and then i just need to add the bias binding around the edge...  I will be working on this again tonight - i will be honest, i was very tempted to phone the quilting store today to ask if there would be anybody who would be willing to finish this for me, but i stopped myself from doing that - I started this project, and I will finish this project - even if it takes longer than i anticipated... So watch this space - one of these days i will feature my own handmade quilt...

Liesl
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment