Tuesday 12 March 2013

Baby Gift Box

A couple of weeks ago i found out that the lady that works for our sister company is pregnant... She told me last week that they're expecting a baby boy...  I want to get them a little baby gift, and i thought it would be super cute to make my own gift box...

A while ago i bought two stamp sets from Inkadinkado, a baby boy and baby girl stamp set - i've been dying to use it for something, and it thought this would be the perfect time to use it...  I love the little laundry line idea, so i decided to stamp that on all 4 sides of the box...  I made the grass using my Martha Stewart Fringe scissors, and i added the "wooden poles", to make the laundry line complete...

This was the first attempt:





I used my white ink, seeing that it always looks so nice to use white ink on Kraft, but for some reason this looked wayyyyyyyy to plain for me, so i decided to "jazz" it up a bit...  I stamped the clothes in different colours on white cardstock, cut them out, and used some foam tape on some of them to make it stand out more...  Oh, and i added a little snail on the grass part - i just thought it would look cute...

So this is what the final product looks like - i think it looks super cute...  Now all i have to do is put the gift inside, maybe add a little tag that says "it's a boy", maybe some ribbon - and it'll be ready to go...



 I'm busy working on a double page scrapbook layout, so watch this space...

Liesl
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment