Saturday 21 July 2012

Baby Shower - Boy

About 2 weeks ago i made the cutest cupcake toppers for a boy baby shower - there was no "theme", but the colour scheme was pastel blue and pastel green...  To keep it neutral, we decided to go with baby onesies, instead of a teddy bear or elephant or something like that...  I cut all the baby onesies with my Silhouette and even if I have to say so myself - they turned out super cute!!!



I used a polka dot cardstock for the onesies - it just added a little something special, so that it doesn't look so plain, and i'm a sucker for polka dots!!!


I also made a cake topper, using a big onesie and adding a little blue pacifier - the pacifier i found in my stash, i've had it for such a long time, i don't even know where i got them from...




And last but not least, i made some popcorn cones, with star cut outs - and i added some ribbon handles...  Hopefully i'll get some pictures from the actual party - it's always nice to see what it looks like when it all comes together in the end...



I love love LOVE making these decorations - it's actually so therapeutic for me to do this, and it brings out the creative side of me...  My whole family is creative / crafty, we all do something different - my mom loves sewing / knitting, embroidery;  my dad loves woodwork and building things (from model aircrafts to cupboards - i don't think there's anything that he can't build); my sister also loves sewing, knitting and baking; and then there's me - the paper crafter in the family...

I'm busy working on decorations and invites for 2 more parties, so watch this space - some more awesome things coming soon...

Liesl
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment