Thursday 28 June 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

I know we're only halfway thru the year, but I thought I would share something "chrismassy" today...  December is my favourite time of the year...  Last year i did my very first "off the page" project, and i was very proud of myself that i stepped out of my comfort zone of just scrapbooking and tried something totally different...

My idea was to create a Christmas tree that would stand on a little platform and i wanted the tree to turn slowly, but i couldn't figure out how to do that, so i ended up just making the tree (still on a platform, but not moving)...


I painted the wooden tree green and then added some different coloured Christmas paper to the sides - I added some bling and a string of pearls for decorations...

In this picture you can see the little wooden base that i used, which i just ended up decorating with some detailed ribbon - this was suppose to be the rotating block...  The fence was cut using my Silhouette, i had to cut about 4 layers for each section of the fence, and glue it all together to make it more sturdy - then i added some little red roses, some beaded ribbon - and voila!!! 


And what would a Christmas tree be without the presents!!!  This was the fun part - making all the tiny little presents and i even added some Christmas crackers - a lot of detail went into this project, but i loved every minute of it...




And to finish it all off, i added a signboard "twas the night before Christmas"...  I wrapped the little roses all around the pole of the sign, to create the effect of the roses growing up against the pole (the same i did with the fence) - like a little creeper...


I ended up using this tree as the centre piece for my Christmas table - and i'll probably use it for years to come...

I'll be back with some more party decorations soon - so watch this space!!!

Liesl
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment